VAT Manager – Bucharest
The VAT Manager is a key position within our finance team that will help Veeam meet our VAT obligations across the EMEA and APAC regions and provide support to our business the enterprise segment.
- VAT compliance – direct and oversee VAT compliance work. Compliance work is carried out by the Senior VAT accountant, SCC staff and external advisors
- Foreign VAT recovery – review and improve vat recoverability
- System set up – improving VAT system set up and automating compliance to the greatest extent possible
- Business Partnering – Advise internally on VAT planning and solutions to technical issues
- VAT advice – be the first point of contact for all VAT queries
- Outsourcing – review of current outsourcing arrangements. Document current processes and advise on best practice. Ultimately implement best practice within Veeam
- Manage the process of European wide VAT audits
- Advise on changes to VAT laws to ensure Veeam remains VAT compliant
- Project work when required. This can cover both Corporate Income Tax and VAT
- Experienced VAT practitioner or experience gained in a Multi-National Environment, with at least 5 years of experience of indirect tax
- Cross border VAT knowledge – EU regulations experience in multiple jurisdictions
- Excellent communication skills, able to build rapport and credibility very quickly with team members, project leaders and stakeholders
- Strong Business Partnering experience – developing relationships with key business and team contacts.
- Strong IT skills (Excel and other ERP systems)
- Ability to work unsupervised and using your own initiative
- Inventive and imaginative personality
- Modern, energetic, global working environment
- Opportunities for professional growth and promotion
- Work in a stable, dynamic company
- Competitive salary, depending on skills and experience
Veeam Software is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. Veeam promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons and veterans. Veeam also maintains a drug-free workplace.