Senior Tax AccountantVeeam
United States, Ohio, Columbus
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Since its launch in 2006, Veeam has been a leading provider of backup, recovery, and replication solutions. We understand the criticality of the move to the cloud, which adds complexity in not only managing and mining data but also leveraging that data for positive business value and innovation. It’s why Veeam offers exceptional visibility and control capabilities through our extensive orchestration engine, delivering virtual, physical, and cloud data management, for any application, and any data, across any cloud. It’s how we’ve grown to work with 82% of the Fortune 500 companies in 30 countries around the world. With over 350,000 customers, such as L’Oréal, PwC, Volvo and Gatwick, Veeam has become the #1 Cloud Data Management Provider sold through partners like VMWare, HPE, Cisco and Microsoft.
As a billion-dollar software company, we rely on the diverse backgrounds and ideas of our people to advance our growth and innovation and we’re passionate to develop the industry’s most inclusive and high-performing team. Through embracing transparency and trust, recognizing and developing our employees, and giving back to the communities we share, we’re also creating a Veeamazing place to work. Join Veeam, the #1 Cloud Data Management provider, today.
This position will support the business to ensure timely and accurate filing of US tax returns, estimated payments and organization of supporting data, to minimize tax liabilities and exposure to penalties/interest.
- Liaise with external tax service providers to complete tax returns
- Maintain US tax calendar
- Calculate estimated payments
- Proactively research tax issues and provide tax planning ideas, including, but not limited to state tax nexus, sales/use tax issues, property tax
- Assist with examinations/audits of the Group’s subsidiaries tax returns
- Resolve tax notices
- Maintain tax provision records for subsidiary and calculate/analyze the related income tax provision
- Reconcile tax general ledger accounts
- Oversee the preparation and review of various other tax and compliance filings, as needed
- Identify efficiencies in tax department processes
- Special projects, as needed
- A Bachelor Degree is required in Accounting, Finance or Tax. A combination of education and experience will be considered. “CPA” or equivalent certification is preferred, but not required.
- 4 years of corporate tax experience, preferably in a Big 4 public accounting and/or a corporate tax department
- Well organized, self-starter, proactive team-player (collaboration and sharing)
- Able to work at a fast pace and prioritize competing projects (focused)
- Detail oriented
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills (solution-oriented), as well as some project management skills
- Strong computer skills (Excel/Word)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.