Deal Desk ManagerVeeam
United States, Illinois, Chicago
Date Posted: 2020-03-24
Everything’s in place for you to win at Veeam – the global leader in Cloud Data Management. We provide trusted back-up solutions that deliver cloud data management and protection, keeping the world moving for over 360,000 customers including the vast majority of Fortune 500 companies. We’re extremely successful: a billion-dollar company and Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant that’s won over 170 top industry awards. But we’re always looking forward. Everyone here plays a part in finding new opportunities and winning new deals, and you’ll be backed by a best-in-service product and an unrivalled reputation for delivering customer satisfaction – our net promoter score is 3.5x the industry average.
Ultimately though, we grow together, so we’ll support you fully to be successful in your role. We’ll invest in you through our on-demand learning systems. Mentoring, training and coaching will help you to find your feet, take big challenges in your stride and perform at your best. There are acceleration programmes that could propel you further forward than you imagined. And whether it’s learning additional skills, gaining a new experience or taking the next step in your career, there will be lots of scope for development.
All this in a place where people talk from the heart. We have a culture of focus and excellence. We encourage innovation and iteration. And since our achievements are tangible, we can keep it real and be genuine with each other. We’re inclusive, diverse, open and honest people who collaborate, support each other and have fun together. And we’re nimble enough for people to speak up. We play to win; we’re competitive, hungry and driven, but we remain humble. If that’s you, get ready to do Veeamazing things.
- Responsible for advising Sales teams with qualifying, structuring, pricing, and escalating big/complex deals in accordance with company’s sales processes, policies and procedures
- Be a valued business partner for sales, legal, finance, renewals and sales management to ensure necessary cross-functional alignment
- Improve deal cycle times for non-standard deals
- Work with Sales and Finance leadership to maximize deal margins and manage regional discount levels through a structured approval process
- Maintain and train Sales Teams on how to use various sales tools, such as Non-Standard-Quoting Tool, Enterprise License Agreements (ELA) and others
- Enable an informed decision making of large and complex deals
Other duties as assigned
- Five year minimum sales, finance or legal experience within a high-tech environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Business Administration, Finance, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities within a time-pressured environment, demanding precise and quick decision-making.
- Excellent communication skills and good judgement.
- Strong business acumen and negotiation skills, as well as ability to achieve results, while focusing on customer requirements and business success.
- Understanding of the technical, contractual, commercial and financial requirements and their inter-relationship.
- Must be self-started, detail oriented and analytical, considers wider geographic impact of action.
- Experience working with Sales Managers on deal structuring and/or negotiating enterprise level software contracts is considered a must.
- Experience working with Bid Management is considered a plus.
- Reports to AMER Deal Desk Lead within Veeam’s Deal Execution Team
- Works closely with Finance and Sales leaders, and should be fully embedded with the Sales teams
Veeam Software is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. Veeam promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons and veterans. Veeam also maintains a drug-free workplace. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.