Assistant Accountant, Asia
Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
- Prepare and review financial documents on a regular basis.
- Completing bank reconciliations posting and balancing.
- Managing day-to-day transactions.
- Manage adjusting entries for amortizations prepaid; analysing and reconciling retainage and accounts payable ledgers; preparing fixed asset report and accruals.
- Generate reports on debtors and creditors.
- Prepare all payments & ensuring the records are accurate.
- To assist in audit and statutory reporting requirement.
- Preparation of quarterly and monthly audit schedules.
- Maintains accounting controls by following policies and procedures, complying with local financial legal requirements.
- Prepare and file GST return every quarter.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
This role reports to Finance Manager, Asia
- Degree and applicable professional accounting designation, public accounting firm experience desired but not a must;
- 3 – 6 years related working experience, especially experiences in handling balance sheet account.
- Fluent in English and Mandarin.
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Be open-minded, flexible, motivated and professional.
- A high degree of computer competency in MS Office.
- Efficient work flow processing with attention to detail.
- Experience using NetSuite is preferable.
- Ability to take direction and show initiative.
- Must be reliable, dedicated, quick learner and hard working.
Assistant Controller, Finance, North America