United States, Ohio, Columbus
Date Posted: 2020-05-25
Everything’s in place for you to win at Veeam – the global leader in Cloud Data Management. We provide trusted back-up solutions that deliver cloud data management and protection, keeping the world moving for over 360,000 customers including the vast majority of Fortune 500 companies. We’re extremely successful: a billion-dollar company and Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant that’s won over 170 top industry awards. But we’re always looking forward. Everyone here plays a part in finding new opportunities and winning new deals, and you’ll be backed by a best-in-service product and an unrivalled reputation for delivering customer satisfaction – our net promoter score is 3.5x the industry average.
Ultimately though, we grow together, so we’ll support you fully to be successful in your role. We’ll invest in you through our on-demand learning systems. Mentoring, training and coaching will help you to find your feet, take big challenges in your stride and perform at your best. There are acceleration programmes that could propel you further forward than you imagined. And whether it’s learning additional skills, gaining a new experience or taking the next step in your career, there will be lots of scope for development.
All this in a place where people talk from the heart. We have a culture of focus and excellence. We encourage innovation and iteration. And since our achievements are tangible, we can keep it real and be genuine with each other. We’re inclusive, diverse, open and honest people who collaborate, support each other and have fun together. And we’re nimble enough for people to speak up. We play to win; we’re competitive, hungry and driven, but we remain humble. If that’s you, get ready to do Veeamazing things.
The Accounting Supervisor position reports to the Assistant Controller, Americas and is primarily responsible for general ledger management, oversight of the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable functions, and oversight of the Travel & Expense process.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in active general ledger management including the review of account reconciliations – establish close calendars to meet corporate reporting deadlines.
- Oversee the Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Travel & Expense teams.
- Notify management of Accounts Receivable collection issues as they arise, and actively work with Customer Account Managers to resolve past due amounts and invoice disputes.
- Review AP activity before it is posted to the ledger to ensure proper approvals and general ledger coding.
- Review AR cash application to ensure deposits are recorded correctly.
- Establish and document functional controls leveraging best practices from the Company’s other global regions.
- Work closely with Assistant Controller to address requests as part of the annual external audit. Supply information to internal audit teams, as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor degree in Accounting is required; management experience (5+ years) preferred.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Deliver reliable and timely reporting with a focus on attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written – ability to manage and oversee staff.
- Ability to effectively work with multiple levels within the organization and communicate with peers to standardize worldwide processes.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook). Experience with NetSuite (ERP) and Coupa (Procurement System) is preferred.
Veeam Software is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. Veeam promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons and veterans. Veeam also maintains a drug-free workplace. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.