Accounting Manager EMEAVeeam
Date Posted: 2020-11-23
Everything’s in place for you to win at Veeam – the global leader in Cloud Data Management. We provide trusted back-up solutions that deliver cloud data management and protection, keeping the world moving for over 360,000 customers including the vast majority of Fortune 500 companies. We’re extremely successful: a billion-dollar company and Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant that’s won over 170 top industry awards. But we’re always looking forward. Everyone here plays a part in finding new opportunities and winning new deals, and you’ll be backed by a best-in-service product and an unrivalled reputation for delivering customer satisfaction – our net promoter score is 3.5x the industry average.
Ultimately though, we grow together, so we’ll support you fully to be successful in your role. We’ll invest in you through our on-demand learning systems. Mentoring, training and coaching will help you to find your feet, take big challenges in your stride and perform at your best. There are acceleration programmes that could propel you further forward than you imagined. And whether it’s learning additional skills, gaining a new experience or taking the next step in your career, there will be lots of scope for development.
All this in a place where people talk from the heart. We have a culture of focus and excellence. We encourage innovation and iteration. And since our achievements are tangible, we can keep it real and be genuine with each other. We’re inclusive, diverse, open and honest people who collaborate, support each other and have fun together. And we’re nimble enough for people to speak up. We play to win; we’re competitive, hungry and driven, but we remain humble. If that’s you, get ready to do Veeamazing things.
We are seeking a talented, innovative, experienced and proactive Accounting Manager EMEA to join our expanding team. Based out of our EMEA Financial Shared Services Centre in Bucharest the right candidate will ideally have previous experience in a similar role in a multinational company environment. Finance Strategic Business Partner attitude and people management experience are essential for this role. Systems aptitude is preferred. This role will report into the Senior Finance Director. With a desire to succeed, you will have relevant experience in the following job functions:
- Ensure monthly accounting close is completed in accordance with corporate reporting timelines for all EMEA subsidiaries;
- Oversee and actively manage General Ledger (GL) by ensuring that accounting entries are properly authorized and recorded, including preparation and review of account reconciliations;
- Oversee Accounts Receivable;
- Oversee Accounts Payable;
- Support commission and payroll related processes along with internal controls related to same;
- Support tax compliance for EMEA entities (VAT, CIT, Payroll taxes);
- Support revenue reconciliations and reporting;
- Coordinate and manage group and statutory audits of the EMEA subsidiaries financial statements where needed; manage local accounting service provider activities;
- Support EMEA budget, forecast and FP&A activities;
- Maintain applicable document retention requirements for each EMEA subsidiary.
- Proven working experience as Accounting Manager, Accounting Supervisor or Finance Manager
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA/ACCA or working towards this qualification is preferred
- Systems experience and strong Excel skills (formula design, pivot tables, charts)
- Excellent analytical skills (data collection and modelling, what-if scenarios)
- Working experience of NetSuite or other ERP, Salesforce.com, Iconixx or other commission tool
- Proven knowledge of international accounting principles, practices, standards, law and regulations
- Willingness to learn quickly and adapt to a high growth environment
- Strong attention to detail, able to work independently and prioritize well in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with willingness to engage at management level
- Great oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in English
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Modern office with free fresh coffee, fruits and snacks.
- Flexible benefits package which includes premium private health care and dental services for you and your dependents, transportation allowance and parking.
- Wellness program including gym membership, massages in the office and company sponsored sports activities.
- Discount card (AFI Park Club).
- An exceptional mature working environment with cool breakout & play areas and team building activities.
- Training and development opportunities to further progress your career.
- International environment where you can learn from multiple cultures working in the same office