Accounting Manager EMEAVeeam
Date Posted: 2020-01-20
Since its launch in 2006, Veeam has been a leading provider of backup, recovery, and replication solutions. We understand the criticality of the move to the cloud, which adds complexity in not only managing and mining data but also leveraging that data for positive business value and innovation. It’s why Veeam offers exceptional visibility and control capabilities through our extensive orchestration engine, delivering virtual, physical, and cloud data management, for any application, and any data, across any cloud. It’s how we’ve grown to work with 82% of the Fortune 500 companies in 30 countries around the world. With over 350,000 customers, such as L’Oréal, PwC, Volvo and Gatwick, Veeam has become the #1 Cloud Data Management Provider sold through partners like VMWare, HPE, Cisco and Microsoft.
As a billion-dollar software company, we rely on the diverse backgrounds and ideas of our people to advance our growth and innovation and we’re passionate to develop the industry’s most inclusive and high-performing team. Through embracing transparency and trust, recognizing and developing our employees, and giving back to the communities we share, we’re also creating a Veeamazing place to work. Join Veeam, the #1 Cloud Data Management provider, today.
We are seeking a talented, innovative, experienced and proactive Accounting Manager EMEA to join our expanding team. Based out of our EMEA Financial Shared Services Centre in Bucharest the right candidate will ideally have previous experience in a similar role in a multinational company environment. Finance Strategic Business Partner attitude and people management experience are essential for this role. Systems aptitude is preferred. This role will report into the Senior Finance Director. With a desire to succeed, you will have relevant experience in the following job functions:
- Ensure monthly accounting close is completed in accordance with corporate reporting timelines for all EMEA subsidiaries;
- Oversee and actively manage General Ledger (GL) by ensuring that accounting entries are properly authorized and recorded, including preparation and review of account reconciliations;
- Oversee Accounts Receivable;
- Oversee Accounts Payable;
- Support commission and payroll related processes along with internal controls related to same;
- Support tax compliance for EMEA entities (VAT, CIT, Payroll taxes);
- Support revenue reconciliations and reporting;
- Coordinate and manage group and statutory audits of the EMEA subsidiaries financial statements where needed; manage local accounting service provider activities;
- Support EMEA budget, forecast and FP&A activities;
- Maintain applicable document retention requirements for each EMEA subsidiary.
- Proven working experience as Accounting Manager, Accounting Supervisor or Finance Manager
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA/ACCA or working towards this qualification is preferred
- Systems experience and strong Excel skills (formula design, pivot tables, charts)
- Excellent analytical skills (data collection and modelling, what-if scenarios)
- Working experience of NetSuite or other ERP, Salesforce.com, Iconixx or other commission tool
- Proven knowledge of international accounting principles, practices, standards, law and regulations
- Willingness to learn quickly and adapt to a high growth environment
- Strong attention to detail, able to work independently and prioritize well in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with willingness to engage at management level
- Great oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in English
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Modern office with free fresh coffee, fruits and snacks.
- Flexible benefits package which includes premium private health care and dental services for you and your dependents, transportation allowance and parking.
- Wellness program including gym membership, massages in the office and company sponsored sports activities.
- Discount card (AFI Park Club).
- An exceptional mature working environment with cool breakout & play areas and team building activities.
- Training and development opportunities to further progress your career.
- International environment where you can learn from multiple cultures working in the same office