Global Facilities Manager
United States, Georgia, Alpharetta
United States, Ohio, Columbus
United Kingdom, Berkshire, Reading
The global facilities manager is the ultimate organizer. This is a newly created role making sure that Veeam’s workplaces meets the needs of employees, as defined by HR, thereby managing all the required services that enable the smooth functioning of new or existing facilities. You will be responsible for the management of services and processes that support the core business of Veeam – sales-driven and innovation in R&D.
You will be responsible for providing input to the workforce planning process and ensuring the readiness of premises accordingly in line with the strategic planning from the Executive team. You will also be involved in day-to-day (hands-on) operations, particularly in relation to buildings and premises or upon instructions received from HR. Veeam has a mixture of large/small and managed/full-service facilities/locations in 3 different geographical clusters (Americas, APJ and EMEA). Accordingly, a key responsibility will be to manage service providers to deliver consistency, quality and data for planning purposes.
Your duties will vary depending on the location, but will generally focus on using best business practice to improve efficiency, by forward thinking on operating costs while increasing productivity. The role is in integral part of Procurement within the Finance Function and will work closely with HR and Legal and reports to the CFO.
Areas of responsibility will include:
• Internal CRM (aligning real estate portfolio and decision-making with strategic requirements of Internal business partners)
• Develop short and long term workplace and space planning proposals in alignment with internal business needs and strategy handed down from the Executive team
• New facility projects and fit-outs as per HR branding and employee wellbeing policies and requirements
• Management of outsource partners for services/projects;
• Building and grounds maintenance;
• Catering and vending as per HR employee wellbeing polices and requirements
• Health and safety applications as per local laws and regulations as well as HR employee wellbeing policies and requirements
• Space management as per HR employee wellbeing polices and requirements
• Utilities and communications infrastructure.
Typical tasks will include:
• Business case development including data analytics, scenario modeling, decision support for securing executive approvals
• Proactively managing the renewal of lease contracts/break options etc.
• Preparing documents to put out tenders for contractors;
• Project management and supervising and coordinating the work of contractors;
• Investigating availability and suitability of options for new premises;
• Calculating and comparing costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money; planning for future development in line with strategic business objectives, including contributing to the development of workplace space standards with Human Resources;
• Managing and leading real estate change to ensure minimum disruption to core activities;
• Directing, coordinating and planning essential central services such as reception, security, maintenance, mail, archiving, cleaning, catering, waste disposal and recycling;
• Ensuring the building meets health and safety requirements and that facilities comply with legislation to keep staff safe;
• Real estate strategy development planning translated into best allocation and utilization of space and resources for new buildings, or re-organizing current premises as per HR branding and employee wellbeing policies
• Checking that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and following up on any deficiencies;
• Coordinating and leading teams to cover various areas of responsibility;
• Responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and dealing with the consequences.
A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar role is required. Previous industry experience (Technology, Software, Hardware, IT Services etc.) is a strong plus for this role. Additional languages to English is required.
Experience in the following areas would be useful:
• Administration of leases/full service arrangements
• Building & site management
• Construction and project management (including estimating and budgeting)
• Financial analyses and working with Finance
• Understanding of/empathy with employee-related workplace requirements (HR aspects)
Previous experience in the hospitality sector is valuable as you will need to have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to get on with a range of people.
Entry with a degree is preferred, particularly with subjects such as facilities management, business studies, engineering or management. Entry without a degree is possible for those with the right combination of skills and experience.