Senior Technical Writer
Russian Federation, Saint-Petersburg
- Creating product documentation for Veeam Backup & Replication – the flagship product developed by Veeam Software.
- Performing the full stack of activities on documentation design and publication.
- Taking part in translation and translation review projects (EN<>RU).
- Additional technical writing projects may be required, for example white papers / guides / marketing docs / video / training materials.
- Excelent written and spoken English.
- 3-5 years of experience as a technical writer in a software/technology company.
- Ability to create documents from scratch (research, plan, structure, implement, review, publish), create illustrations and draw comprehensive diagrams.
- Good grasp of IT terminology, good understanding of IT technologies.
- Advanced user of help authoring tools (Help & Manual or similar, Adobe xPro).
- Advanced user of image editing software (SnagIt or similar, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio).
- Acquaintance with MS Style Guide or other style guides.
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS/XML.
- Ability to structure information, explain complex concepts in an easy and comprehensible way.
- Ability to obtain information from various sources and process large amounts of information.
- Personal involvement in technical writing.
- A good candidate must be a fast learner, hard-working, attentive to detail, ready to take responsibility for own work, go beyond the scope of the job, quickly acquire new skills and knowledge.
- Strong self-management skills, ability to work in a team.
- Examples of previous technical documentation projects in English are required: please provide links or documents and specify your role in these projects.
- You will be asked to complete a test project.
- Modern, energetic multinational working environment
- Salary ranges depending on skills and expertise; Additional quarterly bonuses to top performers
- Opportunities for professional growth and promotion; for diligent employees the opportunity to be certified -- VMCE (Veeam Certified Engineer)
- Comprehensive training and mentoring system that includes in addition to the training for Veeam products a number of lectures on related areas (virtualization, networking, etc.) - paid as work
- Access to the internal lab resources based on Vmware vSphere & Microsoft Hyper-V right from the start date
- Flexible working schedule
- Regular assessment and salary/positions review (at least once a year)
- Employment according to the Labor Code of the Russian Federation, “white” salary, annual leave 28 days + additional time off depending on the work results (up to 12 paid days off per year)
- An extended medical insurance policy
- A partial compensation of costs on fitness
- Free English classes in the office
- Ability to become a part of football and volleyball Veeam teams
- Corporate events
- The relocation package for candidates from other regions (the one-way ticket’s compensation + the relocation allowance in one monthly base pay equivalent)
Inside Channel Team Leader, Australia