Junior Technical Writer
Russian Federation, Saint-Petersburg
- Creating product documentation in English for a set of software products, which requires extensive communication with development and quality assurance teams.
- Preparing documentation for publication in supported formats (HTML, PDF, Ebook).
- Translation projects (EN<>RU).
- Additional technical writing projects may be required, for example white papers / guides / marketing docs / video / training materials.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- At least 2-year experience as a technical writer in a software/technology company.
- Ability to create documents from scratch (research, plan, structure, implement, review, publish), create illustrations and draw comprehensive diagrams.
- Good grasp of IT terminology, good understanding of basic IT technologies.
- Advanced user of help authoring tools (Help & Manual or similar, Adobe xPro).
- Advanced user of image editing software (SnagIt or similar, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio).
- Acquaintance with MS Style Guide or other style guides.
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS/XML.
- Ability to structure information, explain complex concepts in an easy and comprehensible way.
- Ability to obtain information from various sources and process large amounts of information.
- Personal involvement in technical writing.
- A good candidate must be a fast learner, hard-working, attentive to detail, ready to take responsibility for own work, go beyond the scope of the job, quickly acquire new skills and knowledge.
- Strong self-management skills, ability to work in a team.
- Examples of previous technical documentation projects are required: please provide links or documents and specify your role in these projects.
- You will be asked to complete a test project.
HR Business Partner, Australia