Technical Community Program ManagerVeeam
United States, California, San Francisco
Date Posted: 2020-02-12
Since its launch in 2006, Veeam has been a leading provider of backup, recovery, and replication solutions. We understand the criticality of the move to the cloud, which adds complexity in not only managing and mining data but also leveraging that data for positive business value and innovation. It’s why Veeam offers exceptional visibility and control capabilities through our extensive orchestration engine, delivering virtual, physical, and cloud data management, for any application, and any data, across any cloud. It’s how we’ve grown to work with 82% of the Fortune 500 companies in 30 countries around the world. With over 350,000 customers, such as L’Oréal, PwC, Volvo and Gatwick, Veeam has become the #1 Cloud Data Management Provider sold through partners like VMWare, HPE, Cisco and Microsoft.
As a billion-dollar software company, we rely on the diverse backgrounds and ideas of our people to advance our growth and innovation and we’re passionate to develop the industry’s most inclusive and high-performing team. Through embracing transparency and trust, recognizing and developing our employees, and giving back to the communities we share, we’re also creating a Veeamazing place to work. Join Veeam, the #1 Cloud Data Management provider, today.
With hundreds of thousands of users and some of the highest satisfaction scores in the industry, Veeam’s community of passionate IT professionals is core to the company’s success. In this role, you will help grow and nurture the technical user community through designing a community program from the bottom up that encourages active participation and fosters growth. You’ll also design and develop value added technical content such as end user training and technical blog content, and you’ll monitor and respond to questions through digital channels such as Reddit and Spiceworks.
- Drive the technical blog strategy in partnership with Veeam digital team – be a frequent author and coordinator of technical blog content
- Manage technical breakout sessions, content and the submission process for key events such as VeeamOn and VeeamOn Virtual
- Engage with customers through digital forums such as Reddit and Spiceworks – show engagement/responsiveness and develop more community champions/evangelists
- Design, launch and maintain Veeam’s technical community program – develop branding, tiering, gamification system, etc.
- Create and develop technical content for presentation or reuse at internal and external Veeam events (online or offline)
- Develop the global strategy for Veeam User Groups and actively manage the user group leader community in partnership with field teams
- Design, develop and maintain Veeam’s free end user community training content
- 5+ years experience in systems administration, product management or product strategy
- Experience owning the development of an IT community and/or serving as a leader in an IT Community.
- Training enablement and content creation
- Strong technical skills paired with strong written communication skills
- Customer-first mentality
- Strong collaboration skills
- Great balance of strategic program development, execution and ongoing management skills
- Understanding of digital marketing
- Self-starter and results oriented
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.