Sr. Manager, Digital & Social MediaVeeam
United States, Georgia, Alpharetta
Working as part of the Global Marketing team and reporting directly to the Sr. Director of Corporate Communications, the Sr. Manager, Digital & Social Media is a strategic addition to Veeam’s worldwide marketing organization. The successful candidate will craft and own the company’s social strategy and oversee the globalization of Veeam’s online influencer program, working in tandem with the entire marketing organization to tightly integrate social strategies into every aspect of the company’s outbound activities. As Veeam evolves, its ability to touch influencers across the globe is critical, and this hire will be essential in helping the company achieve its goal of being the #1 provider of Intelligent Data Management solutions.
• Develop a global digital and social media program, including goals and objectives, guiding principles, tracking and reporting mechanisms, templates and forms
• Roll out a global monitoring and reporting process that can integrate with associated communications teams to provide a detailed view of Veeam’s global influencer footprint
• Work with global teams to generate content that is specifically tailored to social communities; coach the global team to think of influencers as core to Veeam’s GTM audience for every launch and strategic communication
• Build out an internal social media strategy and oversee its execution. Partner with HR and Legal teams to design a program that can be rolled out globally.
• Special projects as assigned
• Expert in understanding how to gather market requirements, market input, framing solutions to address core market needs, and developing product positioning statements
• High degree of business acumen and market analysis.
• Strong business acumen with an ability to drive and lead teams to make good business decisions
• Demonstrated ability to course correct to meet corporate goals and objectives.
• Thorough understanding of market dynamics to position Veeam competitively both short-term and long-term
• Be able to demonstrate effective leadership and execution of the vision and strategy in a Marketing function as it relates to offerings, programs and solutions both domestically and internationally
• Ability to craft thought leadership content and effectively share these with internal stakeholders; must be able to be perceived as an effective and credible leader at all levels within an organization and with external customers
• Ideal candidate will be flexible and have the ability to think/act strategically as well as roll up their sleeves and work as an individual contributor to meet goals
• Demonstrated leadership skills and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to identify thought leadership topics in which Veeam has credibility; and to create and implement integrated campaigns based on thought leadership areas
COMMUNICATION, INTERPERSONAL & INFLUENCING SKILLS
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate, partner and drive for results with customers and key stakeholders
• Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
• Proven history of working with senior management (VP and C-Level)
• Comfortable w/ influencing and communicating with all levels of the organization
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration or related area
(a combination of education and experience will be considered)
• 8+ years of marketing/communications and digital media experience in the technology arena (ideally software oriented experience), and of working within a global corporate marketing department
• Deep understanding of current digital and social media trends, with a keen knowledge of how B2B IT organizations can leverage digital platforms and outlets
• Proven track-record in developing global strategies with tangible reporting processes/examples
• In-depth knowledge of the customer purchasing journey and how social media plays a role in influencing behaviors
• Experience in developing and deploying internal social media strategies and processes (how to mobilize/empower employees to amplify corporate messages)
• Strong organizational skills
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Enthusiastic, intelligent, hard-working, results-oriented
• Experience in mentoring and leading team members, and of working collaboratively with a global marketing organization
- Modern, energetic, global working environment
- Opportunities for professional growth and promotion
- Work in a stable, dynamic company
- Competitive salary, depending on skills and experience
- Comprehensive healthcare
Veeam Software is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. Veeam promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons and veterans. Veeam also maintains a drug-free workplace.