VP - Cyber Security Architect (Remote)Veeam
United States, Ohio, Columbus
Date Posted: 2020-05-26
Everything’s in place for you to win at Veeam – the global leader in Cloud Data Management. We provide trusted back-up solutions that deliver cloud data management and protection, keeping the world moving for over 360,000 customers including the vast majority of Fortune 500 companies. We’re extremely successful: a billion-dollar company and Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant that’s won over 170 top industry awards. But we’re always looking forward. Everyone here plays a part in finding new opportunities and winning new deals, and you’ll be backed by a best-in-service product and an unrivalled reputation for delivering customer satisfaction – our net promoter score is 3.5x the industry average.
Ultimately though, we grow together, so we’ll support you fully to be successful in your role. We’ll invest in you through our on-demand learning systems. Mentoring, training and coaching will help you to find your feet, take big challenges in your stride and perform at your best. There are acceleration programmes that could propel you further forward than you imagined. And whether it’s learning additional skills, gaining a new experience or taking the next step in your career, there will be lots of scope for development.
All this in a place where people talk from the heart. We have a culture of focus and excellence. We encourage innovation and iteration. And since our achievements are tangible, we can keep it real and be genuine with each other. We’re inclusive, diverse, open and honest people who collaborate, support each other and have fun together. And we’re nimble enough for people to speak up. We play to win; we’re competitive, hungry and driven, but we remain humble. If that’s you, get ready to do Veeamazing things.
The Vice President, Chief Cyber Security Architect is a senior, seasoned leader who develops and executes the deep analysis of cyber and information security risks that pertain to information technology infrastructure, systems engineering development lifecycles, cloud service & SaaS providers, technology supply chains and third-party security. Implementing applicable frameworks such as the NIST CSF or ISO, this leader’s focus is to ensure that information technology, products and vendors are managed via a secure development lifecycle, and that all information created, acquired or maintained by Veeam is safeguarded in accordance with applicable best practices and expectations. In addition, this person will serve as an executive leader who provides strategic business direction and technical vision across the globe while driving program and project outcomes to enhance cyber security performance. Influencing and negotiating skills are of paramount importance and are significant success criteria for this role. Provides mentorship within his/her span of control by acting as a thought leader and inspirational voice for positive change. Success in the role requires an organized, team player, with the ability to influence staff, senior executive peers and superiors.
- Lead the security-focused assessments of key IT infrastructure, SaaS, cloud providers and ongoing development efforts.
- Develop pragmatic and risk-based approaches to enhancing Veaam’s cybersecurity offerings, both internally and for customers.
- Collaborate with peer executives and Veeam teams to ensure that the solutions architected exceed internal customer requirements.
- Present frequently to Veeam leadership teams in order to drive a deep understanding of our efforts to enhance delivery of cyber security services to internal and external customers.
- Drive team development and training, including detailed knowledge of industry trends, business acumen, communication skills, etc., enabling them to be extremely effective in their role.
- Foster teamwork across all organizational lines and cultivate relationships with customers, partners and vendors to manage successful solution implementations.
- Evangelize Veeam Technologies and Solutions across target accounts.
- Develop relationships with customers, partners and vendors to better understand customer needs and expand the reach of Veeam’s industry leading solutions.
- Possess competitive knowledge to help position and defend Veeam’s sales campaigns.
- Ensure execution of company-wide initiatives that will contribute to the ongoing success of Veeam in the future.
- Ensure positive customer outcomes to drive Veeam brand loyalty.
- Demonstrated ability to assess complex technical systems, architects, cloud environments and products for cyber vulnerabilities and to lead programs and projects to address them.
- Proven ability to influence and mentor others in in a technology-focused environment.
- Able to effectively collaborate with a wide range of technical, administrative and sales staff internally and in customer environments.
- Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base.
- Proven ability to add positive value to consultative multi-skilled teams consisting of customers and third parties.
- Must have a strong customer service orientation, a strong sense of initiative, a positive attitude, and a collaborative working style.
- Able to handle a fast-paced environment and continuously re-prioritize while maintaining a constant focus on driving Veeam success.
- Deep understanding of secure coding and secure infrastructure lifecycle delivery processes.
- Expert-level understanding, and mastery of cloud service provider deployment processes and security technologies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, negotiation skills, and presentation skills, and the ability to influence and communicate professionally across all functional lines.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Modern office with free fresh coffee, fruits and snacks.
- Flexible benefits package which includes premium private health care and dental services for you and your dependents
- Wellness program including gym membership, massages in the office and company sponsored sports activities.
- An exceptional mature working environment with cool breakout & play areas and team building activities.
- Training and development opportunities to further progress your career.
- International environment where you can learn from multiple cultures working in the same office.
Veeam Software is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. Veeam promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons and veterans. Veeam also maintains a drug-free workplace.All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.