Senior Consulting EngineerVeeam
Date Posted: 2019-08-19
Veeam® recognizes the new challenges companies across the globe face in enabling the Always-On Enterprise™, a business that must operate 24.7.365. To address this, Veeam has pioneered a new market of Availability for the Always-On Enterprise™ by helping organizations meet recovery time and point objectives (RTPO™) of less than 15 minutes for all applications and data, through a fundamentally new kind of solution that delivers high-speed recovery, data loss avoidance, verified recoverability, leveraged data and complete visibility. Veeam Availability Suite™, which includes Veeam Backup & Replication™, leverages virtualization, storage, and cloud technologies that enable the modern data center to help organizations save time, mitigate risks, and dramatically reduce capital and operational costs, while always supporting the current and future business goals of Veeam customers.
Founded in 2006, Veeam currently has 59,000+ ProPartners and more than 343,000+ customers worldwide. Veeam's global headquarters are located in Baar, Switzerland, and the company has offices throughout the world. To learn more, visit https://www.veeam.com.
The Senior Consulting Engineer is a technical team member responsible for all aspects of the planning, architecture, and delivery of Professional Services engagements. The focus is on architecting and implementing availability solutions, including data protection and monitoring using Veeam tools and System Center. The Consulting Engineer is an expert in the areas of Data Management, Data Analytics, Business Continuity, Data Center, Cloud, Operating Systems, Networking, Storage, and Virtualization.
Deliver implementation and consulting services, to meet the Veeam Software solution design and deliverables
- Create white papers, solutions guides, best practices, custom documentation, etc.
- Assist with Veeam Software solution implementation effort estimation
- Provide input to the writing of proposals and Statements of Work
- Provide overall project guidance (Project plans, Schedules, Communication Plans, Resource plans, Status updates, etc.)
- Assist with assessment and design of solutions
- Deliver onsite knowledge transfer on Veeam Software solutions
- Assist in the selling of Professional Services
- Document configuration and completed activities
- Assist with post-installation issues
- Analyze installed environments and provide guidance on optimal Veeam Software configurations
- Facilitate communication between client and Veeam support
- Identify additional needs within the client’s environment that can be resolved with Veeam Software solutions
- Provide input for improvement of process and documentation
- Overnight travel (up to 75% of the time) to meet company goals and objectives
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Understanding of virtualization technologies such as VMware and HyperV
- VMware VCP, Microsoft MCSE or equivalent experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in technology required (A combination of education and experience will be considered)
- Hands-on experience with Veeam’s Core products
- Proven Consulting experience
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Responsible for understanding customer needs and architecting an appropriate solution.
- Is the architectural authority on large engagements and sees the engagement through to successful completion and able to engage at Chief Architect level within the account
- Focuses on developing deep technical knowledge of VEEAM solutions and a broad range of associated technologies.
- Significant experience with VMware and Hyper-V
- Experience with disruptive storage systems and technologies (Nimble, Nexsan, Actifio, Veeam, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with networking protocols and equipment (Fibre Channel, Ethernet, Cloud services)
- Experience with traditional storage and backup architectures (EMC, NetApp, IBM, HP/3PAR, Hitachi, Dell, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with Enterprise applications (Exchange, SQL, Oracle, etc.)
- Experience with Data Management, Data Protection, Data Analytics
- Extensive experience with Data Center, Business Continuity and Operating Systems
- A proven track record of success (Attitude, Competency, Activity Levels)
- Experience successfully managing multiple simultaneous projects and accounts
- Working knowledge of Cloud technologies, capabilities, and protocols
- Fluent in English and German
We offer :
- Modern, energetic working environment
- Opportunities for professional growth and promotion
- Salary ranges depending on skills and expertise
- Flexible working hours