EMEA Contracts Manager
This is a fiduciary role focused on compliance/governance and risk management. The position is responsible for the Legal review and administration of all sales-related/commercial, public sector and vendor/supplier contracts as assigned or arising in the EMEA and APJ regions (“regions”). Coordination and liaison within various levels of the organization is required to ensure contracts are concluded within Corporate guidelines and protect Veeam’s financial interests mainly in Sales & Marketing spend.
This position reports to the Director Legal/Counsel (or the Chief Financial Officer on an interim basis).
- Prepare and assist the regions’ sales force in the negotiation of various contractual documents such as ELA’s, EULA amendments, customer sales contracts, distributorship agreements, consulting agreements, confidentiality agreements, government/public sector bids/RFPs, proposals and various other legal documents to support the sales organization in their selling efforts.
- Determine when outside counsel assistance is required for the region and manage such support in accordance with deadlines and financial constraints.
- Serve as the single point of contract for the region for all legal matters or requests and channeling to the appropriate expertise for resolution.
- Prepare and assist the regional Marketing organizations and other areas of the business in various contract negotiations (part of the vendor procurement process and spend approval guidelines). This requires good teamwork with the Procurement organization.
- Establish and maintain company contractual documents and records system in compliance with acceptable security, confidentiality standards and Company policy.
- Assist in projects specific to the regions eg. GDPR and other new requirements or legislative changes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of procurement, contract law and business practices.
- Experience working with and within international organizations is required. EMEA experience is a distinct advantage.
- Demonstrate understanding of legal and business concepts related to software licensing agreements preferable (software industry experience).
- Possess strong organization skills with the ability to manage many projects simultaneously, work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess strong teamwork ability, communication skills and knowledge-sharing skills.